- Join Community
- Post to Community
- Gift Paid Account
|Name:||The Spike/Buffy Shorty Challenge Community|
|Location:||United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland|
|Website:||sb_fag_ends on Livejournal|
|Posting Access:||Select Members|
A Spike/Buffy Buffyverse short-work challenge community.
fag end (n.): (British) the remainder of a smoked cigarette, usually when it has been thrown away. And possibly stomped on.
Inspired by ba_rosebuds, sb_fag_ends is a community for producing quick drags of Spike/Buffy: fanfics and meta up to 1000 words in length, vidlets of one minute or less, fanmixes of up to five songs, all still artwork and picspams/gifspams of up to eight images. Each month will have a theme, with five prompts posted on each of the 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd (20 prompts total). In response to either the prompts or the theme more generally, creators can post as many fag ends as they like over the course of the theme's month, until the new theme begins on the 1st of the next month.
The themes are chosen by a poll open to all at the end of each month unless the mods decide we are having a special month of some sort (it happens). The poll is made up of suggestions put forward by members in the previous poll and from additional suggestions from the moderators. Suggestions for themes should be broad enough in scope so that it is easy for 20 prompts to be made from them; so ‘pumpkin’ is too narrow, but ‘Halloween’ works. If in doubt ask one of the moderators for help, we're relatively tame, so we don't bite!
In terms of content, the only necessity for works posted here is that they depict Spike/Buffy: it doesn't have to be perfect and it doesn't have to be pretty - these are fag ends after all! Any and every rating/genre combo is welcome.
- You must be a member of the community to post. To become a member you need to have a LiveJournal account set up (and be logged in!), after which you can click on Join!
- If your work is NSFW and/or contains graphic sex, graphic violence or strong language, you MUST post your content behind an LJ cut and comment on what the cut is hiding. Please also use cuts and warnings for discussion/depiction of commonly triggering subjects such as rape, abuse and torture. Use your noggins, essentially: if you wouldn't like to be seen viewing your work in a conservative office in front of your boss or you think it could blindside a friend with PTSD, put it behind a cut and tell us why!
- Additionally, all artwork larger than 500 pixels in either width or height must be put behind a cut. Thumbnail previews and sample icons (eg. three 100x100 images in a row) are fine, as long as they follow the rule above and thus do not depict NSFW and/or triggering subject matter.
- No flames and no plagiarism, simple as. Riffing on a theme and concrit are welcome, though please respect the creator's wishes in terms of feedback. This is for fun! It's not fandom bootcamp.
- Because it's always worth reiterating, this community is for Spike/Buffy (aka Buffy/Spike aka Spuffy) shorties in response to prompts (incl. the theme). Fic and meta should be no more than 1000 words; vids should be one minute or less; fanmixes should be of five songs or fewer; picspams/gifspams should be of eight images or fewer; all artwork is welcome. Please be inspired to bend these requirements creatively, but do not break them - that's the challenge! But! But! If you have this really awesome work you're just burning to share and it doesn't fit these submission rules (wrong pairing, too long or just a bit tardy) then there is hope for you as our sister community sb_ashtray was created for just this purpose!
- Ideally, all work should be freshly created in response to the prompts, but it won't be handbags at dawn if not. We'll just pretend we didn't notice, okay?
You might like to include the following information when posting your work:
Please tag your work! We use the following categories:
- creator: [your name]
(Please let us know in the author's notes what you would like your name to be and then be consistent - though feel free to ask a maintainer to bulk-change the name of your creator tag if you would like to change it.)
- medium: [type of work]
(This is either fic, poetry, filk, meta, vid, fanmix, imagespam, icons or art.)
- setting: [when your work is set]
(This is either pre-series, post-series, au, b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, b6, b7, b8, b9, a1, a2, a3, a4, a5 or a:atf.)
If you would like to search for works by theme, they should, if all goes to plan, be pleasingly categorised by the archive! All the prompts can be found under the prompts tag and all the themes may be found under the theme tag.
If you have any comments, questions or queries please do message one of the moderators. We're certain to have forgotten something somewhere!
Just so you know, the patron saint of the community is our beloved Siouxsie Sioux, Queen of the Banshees. Worship isn't a pre-requisite of membership, but will certainly get the moderator's approval.
User icon by _jems_.
WARNING: UNLESS YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD, SMOKING CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND IT.
Kaaark? Then please carry on.
ace0415, annapurna_2, becks28nz, beloved4always, bogwitch, bruttimabuoni, caliente_uk, calturner, diamondtook,
dorians_kitten, giantpanda_de, gillo, larabeckinsale, louise39, lutamira, magista, moscow_watcher, puddinhead, quinara, rahirah, rebcake, saseegrl, shapinglight, shipperx, stnia, whichclothes, zubiemom
ace0415, annapurna_2, audela, becks28nz, beloved4always, bogwitch, bruttimabuoni, caliente_uk, calturner, chic_c, diachrony, diamondtook, elisane, ellievanna, ever_neutral, fenchurch, giantpanda_de, gillo, kidcyclone, larabeckinsale, louise39, lutamira, magista, puddinhead, quinara, rahirah, rebcake, sarian71, saseegrl, shapinglight, shipperx, spikewriter, stnia, stultiloquentia, ubi4soft, whichclothes